On this document we indicate the purposes of the processing of the personal data you provide us, who are the data processors, the storage period of the personal data on the databases, security measures and the means to exercise your rights as a data subject. It should be noted that Maxim ensures the maximum reserve and protection of the personal data you provide.
Section I. Processing of Personal Data.
Clients' identifying data: name, address, e-mail address, phone number, birth date, sex.
Partners' identifying data: name, birth date, driving license number, validity period of driving license, ID number or foreign ID number and its other relevant details, number and other relevant details of the license or any other official permit required for the provision of services, license plate number, year of manufacture of the vehicle, brand, model, color, seat capacity of the vehicle, presence or absence of A/C in the vehicle, external view and condition of the vehicle. These data and information are collected within the submission of the following documents: 1) ID or foreign ID; 2) driving license; 3) ownership certificate or another document stating the legal right of the driver or delivery partner to drive the vehicle; 4) photo; 5) photo of the vehicle; 6) certificate of no criminal, judicial and police records; 7) license or any other official permit required for the provision of services.
Metadata: functional location, including IP address used to connect to the internet from a computer, information about the user’s account, browser type and version, time setting, plug-ins associated, operating system and platform, etc. Also, certain information about the users’ and visitors’ activity on the platform will be compiled. Additionally, information relative to your journeys/orders will be stored; the identification code we internally assign you; your browsing/navigation through the platform (date and time you access, you click, etc.); the hardware, software and browser you use; the type of payment method you use. The technical data from calls between the passengers/customers and drivers/delivery partners, as long as they are made by the platform. The messages between the passengers/customers and drivers/delivery partners, as long as they are made by the platform.
Promotional website user data: name, city, phone number and email address.
Section II. Processing purposes and legal basis.
1) To provide personalize, maintain and improve our services. This includes using your personal data to: (1) provide you with services; (2) engage you to provide services; (3) create, administer and update your account; (4) verify your identity; (5) validate your ride and process payments; (6) offer, obtain, provide or facilitate insurance or financing solutions; (7) track the order processing; (8) enable features that personalize your app, such as lists of your favorite places and previous destinations; (9) perform internal operations necessary to provide our services, including troubleshooting software bugs and operational problems, conducting data analysis, testing and research, monitoring and analyzing usage and activity trends; and (10) protect the security or integrity of the services and any facilities or equipment used to make the services available;
2) To ensure the safety and security of our services and its users. This includes: (1) screening Partners before enabling their use of our services; (2) verifying your identity when you log in to Maxim; (3) using device, location, profile, usage and other personal data to prevent, detect and combat fraud or unsafe activities; (4) monitoring compliance with our Terms of License Agreement, Policies and other policies and agreements; and (5) detecting, preventing and prosecuting crime;
3) To resolve customer support issues. For example, we may: (1) investigate and address concerns; (2) monitor and improve our customer support responses; (3) respond to questions, comments and feedback; and (4) inform you about steps taken to resolve customer support issues;
4) For testing, research, analysis and product development. This allows us to understand and analyze your needs and preferences, protect your personal data, improve and enhance the safety and security of our services, develop new features, products and services, and facilitate insurance and finance solutions;
5) To investigate and resolve claims or disputes, or as allowed or required by applicable law;
6) We may also use your personal data when we are required or requested to do so by governmental authority. For example, we may use your personal data to: (1) comply with court orders or other legal, governmental or regulatory requirements; (2) enforce our Terms of Service, License Agreement or other agreements; and (3) protect our rights or property in the event of a claim or dispute;
7) We may also use your personal data in connection with mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, sale of company assets, consolidation, restructuring, financing, business asset transactions, or acquisition of all or part of our business by another company;
8) For promotional websites: to contact the user in respect of the submitted inquiry.
We may market Maxim and its business partners’ products, services, events or promotions. For example, we may: (1) send you alerts, newsletters, updates, mailers, promotional materials, special privileges, festive greetings; and (2) notify, invite and manage your participation in our events or activities.
We may communicate such marketing to you by post, telephone call, short messaging service, in-app engagement, online messaging service as well as push notification, by hand and by email. If you wish to unsubscribe to the processing of your personal data for marketing and promotions and opt out of such marketing messages, you may click on the unsubscribe link in the relevant email or message. Alternatively, you may also update your preferences in our app settings.
The provision of your personal data to us is on a voluntary basis. However, if you do not provide your personal data or if insufficient personal data is supplied to us when requested, this may affect our ability to fulfill the purposes mentioned above and your ability to enjoy the full range of benefits provided by us under our services.
Section III. Retention of personal data.
We retain your Personal Data for as long you maintain your Maxim’s account. Once your Personal Data is no longer necessary for the Services or Purposes, or we no longer have a legal or business purpose for retaining your Personal Data, we take steps to destroy or permanently delete such Personal Data for any purpose other than compliance with law, this Policy, or for purposes of safety, security, fraud prevention and detection.
Section IV. Security measures.
We know the importance of protecting the personal data to which we have access, that is why we are always in the search to implement new technologies and processes to better protect your personal data. We use information security techniques generally accepted in the industry, such as firewalls, access control procedures and cryptographic mechanisms, with the aim of preventing unauthorized access to your personal data. We will also take reasonable legal and organizational measures to ensure that your Personal Data is protected. This includes measures to prevent data from getting lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorized way. We limit access to your Personal Data to our employees on a need to know basis. Those processing your Personal Data will only do so in an authorized manner and are required to treat your information with confidentiality.
Section V. National/Domestic transfer. Disclosure of personal data.
The personal data will be processed internally. Eventually, your personal data could be shared with third parties for certain purposes. These third parties include:
1. Other users of Maxim. For example, if you are a passenger, we may share your pick-up and drop-off locations with Partners. If you are a Partner, we may share your personal data of your Client, including your full name and photo, your vehicle mark, model, license plate number, location and average rating.
2. Third parties in connection with an Order.
3. Subsidiaries and affiliates. We share Personal Data with our subsidiaries, associated companies, jointly controlled entities and affiliates.
4. Governmental authorities. We may share your personal data with law enforcement officials, government authorities and other relevant third parties.
5. Maxim’s business partners. We may provide Personal Data to our business partners (independently or at your request). This may include:
(1) Payment processors and facilitators;
(2) Background check and anti-money laundering service providers;
(3) Cloud storage providers;
(4) Marketing partners and marketing platform providers;
(5) Data analytics providers;
(6) Research partners, including those performing surveys or research projects in partnership with Maxim or on Maxim’s behalf;
(7) Insurance and financial providers;
(8) Partners that integrate with our App or our App integrates with; and
(9) Partners which Maxim collaborates with to deliver a promotion, competition or other specialized service.
In all possible cases, Maxim compromises to enter into a confidentiality and personal data protection agreement in accordance with the provisions of current legislation.
Section VI. Cookies.
Additionally, we may share non-personally identifiable Personal Data with third parties, such as location data, advertising identifiers, or a cryptographic hash of a common account identifier (such as an email address), to facilitate the display of targeted advertising.
If you do not wish for your Personal Data to be collected via Cookies on the Websites, you may deactivate cookies by adjusting your internet browser settings to disable, block or deactivate cookies, by deleting your browsing history and clearing the cache from your internet browser. You may also be able to limit our sharing of some of this Personal Data through your mobile device settings, or by submitting your details here.
Section VII. Minors’ and third parties’ personal data
Section VIII. International transfer of personal data.
Your Personal Data may be transferred from country, state and city in which you are present while using our Services (hereinafter referred to as «Home Country») to another country, state and city (hereinafter referred to as «Alternate Country»). You understand and consent to the transfer of your Personal Data from your Home Country to the Alternate Country.
Section X. CONTACTS
If you have any queries or complaints relating to your Personal Data, wish to make a request for access or correction of your Personal Data, or would like to withdraw your consent in respect of the Personal Data being processed by us, please contact us via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.